Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Stops

Frankly, I'm too sick to post much. We'd just finished the third oral antibiotic, the second steroid pack and five days of antibiotic shots with my daughter and she was finally feeling better, sounding strong, and then my son and I got sick. We tried to keep away from her but as I have to change her diapers, give her meds, change her position, give her breathing treatments, get her in and out of her wheelchair . . . well. Obviously keeping my germs from her was impossible. She is very sick again and, when picking up prescriptions today, insurance decided once again not to cover them. Between over the counter things like cold meds, airborne, pedialyte and a variety of others plus prescriptions we've spent hundreds of dollars in just the last week and a half. Money we would not have had if God did not have such perfect timing. So today, on the first day of the new year, I'd just like to say thank you to God and to all of the people that He works through. In particular in our lives in just the last few weeks that list includes our priest and the members of the RCIA, Not just for their kindness at Christmas but for the love, support, encouragement and sense of family they have given Noah. Noah's mentor/sponsor/friend and his family which contains one of the two friends I have left since I went crazy. That family! They gave Noah a gift for Christmas that can never, ever be topped and just, in general, are such blessings in our lives. Also, an anonymous person at the pharmacy three weeks ago that covered some of our prescription costs when I told the clerk I didn't have the money to cover the medications, as I thought insurance would. The Beekman 1802 Boys for being so kind and showing Bee's painting on their 24 hour youtube marathon just before Christmas. They praised her work and made her very happy! The man that cut my hair. Normally I don't get haircuts, I just hack at it when it gets too long and that is that. But a major mishap with the scissors required a professional. And as we've seen him before and always refer people to him, he did it for free, he said it was his pleasure as he'd had a good month and was just passing it along. The neighbor that found me outside crying one night, thinking of just being done with everything and she made me laugh then she bought me a card a few days later that made me laugh even more. There are others, the kind man at the electric company trying to work with me as I try to catch up on bills. The woman that always has a smile in her voice when I call to order Bee's usual medical supplies. God in so many people.
I need to go rest, I'm so tired. The coughing is just awful and taking care of the kids while being just as sick as they are is exhausting. If anyone wanted to get a doctor to make a house call, my preference is the Tenth Doctor. He may not be able to heal us but he's sure pretty to look at and that'd be enough.
So, for God, with ever so much gratitude:

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the Earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment